Connecticut Local Traffic Authorities are municipal officials designated by the municipalities to establish traffic regulations and authorize the installation of traffic control devices. The Connecticut Local Traffic Authority program provides an opportunity for those individuals to receive specialized training.
(three required trainings and one elective)
- Powers & Responsibilities of Connecticut's Municipal Local Traffic Authorities (to include an overview of CT State Traffic Commission requirements)
- Where and When to Use Traffic Signs, Signals and Markings
- Fundamentals of Analyzing and Solving Local Traffic Problems
- One Elective Training
Possible Elective Topics
(multiple topics may be covered in a single training)
- Roundtable Discussion on LTA Hot Topics
- Traffic Surveys
- Access Management / Encroachment Permit Process
- Traffic Calming
- Introduction to MUTCD
- Dealing with the Public on LTA Issues
- Traffic Safety Programs
- Speed Reduction Programs
- Road Safety Assessments
*Classes are $100 per participant for state and municipal employees, unless otherwise noted.
For more information on the Local Traffic Authority program, please call the Connecticut Training and Technical Assistance Center at (860) 486-9373.
Technical Resources for Local Traffic Authorities